01 July 2010

When One of These Two Things Inevitably Happens This Month...


...it will make me very sad.

In a year when the Mariners have managed to suck in just about every measurable way, Cliff Lee has been absolutely amazing. Last night was the "bad one" of his last three starts — he allowed three runs and a walk in a complete-game win against the Yankees, who are tied for the best record in baseball. And afterwards, he was pissed about the one base on balls. The dude has only walked five batters the whole season.

Yeah. It'll be sad when he goes. We better get something good for him.


*** Also, I feel compelled to state that this is the only thing I consider a New York Mets hat. Unfortunately the black monstrosity displayed above turned out to be way easier to Photoshop. So there.

Update: Yeah, totally nailed that prediction, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment