09 August 2010

Bullshit, If You Ask Me...

Wakamatsu's gone. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but I thought the M's would at least hold out until the end of the year.

U.S.S. Mariner has a pretty good rundown of what they think happened, which I and my massive array of insider baseball knowledge are inclined to agree with.


Sure, sometimes Wak's "belief systems" were about 180 degrees from the reality staring him in the face, but I liked his managerial style. Even if Ken "Can't Accept That I'm 40 And Not Good At Baseball Anymore" Griffey, Jr. didn't. I don't think he deserved the amount of fallout he got from Chone Figgins' little blowout a few weeks ago, either. Hell, Chone's even been hitting the last few weeks.

Sorry, Little M's. I know your record's 42-2,600 or something, and you had to make some kind of statement, but I think this one's gonna come back to bite you in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment